Previously mounted as a table, now fitted with a hanging implement.
31 x 30 1/2 in.
Note: Paul Heuduck (1882-1972) and his son Arno (1917-1989) emigrated from Germany to American in 1923 at the behest of his employer, the Berlin mosaic and art glass firm Puhl-Wagner. The Heuducks were the mosaicists responsible for the manufacture and installations of most of the mosaics in the Basilica in St. Louis, MO. The Ravenna Company was founded primarily to work on the Byzantine glass mosaics which were to fill the new St. Louis Basilica. Many of Ravenna's important early commissions were executed in New York and St. Louis. The early commissions in New York include Rockefeller Center, St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church and Temple Emanu-El.